Based on Cycle Number, readings are taken by our Meter Reader every month, The readings are entered into out billing system that calculates the bill amount. Bills are then printed and dispatched to your billing address.
- Reach us by calling our 24 X 7 toll free no. 1800 200 3030 anytime,
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Visit your nearest Customer Care Centre
- Change in Tariff - Tariff rates are generally revised annually.
- Seasonal Variations - An unusual cold or warm weather can significantly alter your electricity use.
- New electric appliances usage - If you have recently installed a new major electric appliance - such as air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine or computer - your usage of electricity may increase.
- Defective Electrical appliances - Defective appliances such as air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine and geyser needs to be repaired immediately as they consume more energy than normal.
- More people in the house - More people in the house leads to more energy consumption and so a higher bill amount.
- Changes in Life style - The life style is influenced by different work shifts, a new baby, and kids out of school for the summer, illness, retirement etc. These in turn affect various factors such as the amount of time spent at home, the number of times the door is opened/closed, the setting on the thermostat, time-spent watching TV, lights used, and number of showers etc. All these results into higher amount of electricity consumption.
You can pay your electricity bill at
- Adani Electricity Bill Payment Centres
- Authorized Collecting Banks
- Drop boxes
- Easy Bill outlets
- By Post
Also, if you want to enjoy convenience and earn at the same time then
- Electronic Clearing Services (ECS)
- Voluntary Deposit Scheme (VDS)
- Online paymentoptions via Credit/Debit card, Net banking, Online VDS
- ITZ cards
are the services you can avail for the payment of your electricity bill. (Provide a hyperlink that takes the customer to the page providing details of various payment options. Above content can be removed)
Yes! You would have to issue an account payee cheque,
Payable to 'Adani Electricity Ltd'. Please do not forget to mention your Contract Account number with it for e.g. 'Adani Electricity Ltd'. A/C no. xxxxxxxxx.
All our bill payment centers work from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. on weekdays (Monday to Saturday).
Whereas Collection Centres at are open up to 7.30 p.m.
Whenever a cheque gets dishonoured, intimation is sent to you by the Cash Department.
Steps to collect the dishonoured cheque:
- Obtain a duplicate bill from Customer centre of the respective division.
- Make the payment at the bill payment centre for the outstanding amount.
- Carry the receipt to the cash department and collect the dishonoured cheque. Alternatively, you can call our 24-hr toll-free call center and place a request for sending the dishonoured cheque to your registered billing address
- Fill up a mandate form certified by the concerned bank giving details of your bank account.
- Submit the duly filled at the nearest Customer Care Centre at the divisional offices or you may mail the form to the divisional office.
- To know more please click here
Visit your nearest Customer Care Centre and we shall attend you maximum within 20 minutes.
Ans: NACH stands for National Automated Clearing House and is a similar facility/platform as ECS only with a faster settlement time of just one day. The various facilities offered by NACH include standardization and digitization of mandates, overall simplification, reduction of operational cost, and minimization of activation time. Existing ECS mandates will now be moved to the NACH platform, in partnership with the participating banks.
Ans: For NACH Request :
Customer has to submit his / her duly filled up and signed NACH form at Customer Care Centre along with (Copy of NACH is form is available on our Website)
- Copy of cancelled cheque
- Proof of last paid bill
Note: Make sure the customer pay his/her last outstanding bill otherwise the request will not be processed.
Ans: Duly filled up and signed NACH form at Customer Care Center along with
- Copy of cancelled cheque
- Proof of last paid bill
Note: The customer has to pay his/her last outstanding bill otherwise the request cannot be processed.
Ans: No, consumer's having active ECS service have been migrated to NACH, hence your bill payments will not be affected.
Ans: This migration is applicable to all the entities.
Ans: If the form has been correctly filled and the documents are in order, the NACH request will be processed within 30 working days from the date of request. It would be active from the next subsequent bill.
Ans: No, unlike ECS, NACH does not require the customer to visit his/her individual bank to approve his/her ECS mandate. The NACH request is processed centrally by National Payment Corporation of India, NPCI.
Ans: Customer can change the mandate amount by filling up another NACH form by selecting "Modify" option.
Ans: The NACH would be active from the subsequent bill. Hence your account will be billed from the subsequent bill.
Ans: No. The NACH service is free of cost.
Ans: You have the option to indicate the upper limit for your mandate. If in any month your electricity bill amount exceeds the mandate amount the bill amount will not be debited to your bank account. In such cases a message" Bill exceeds Mandate" will be printed on your bill and you will have to pay the bill in the normal manner at our collection centre /other payment modes.
Ans:There is no upper / lower limit.
Ans:Customer can withdraw from NACH mode of payment by giving an advance notice of 4 weeks to your Customer Care Centre to avoid return charges of INR 250.
Retail Supply Business is entitled to earn 17.5% return on the Equity (RoE) at the beginning of the Year and 17.5% return on the 50% of the Equity added during the year.
Ans: Review can be made to MERC and appeal can be made to Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (ATE) and further to Supreme Court (SC).
Ans: Yes. MERC MYT Regulations, 2015 speaks about the sharing methodology on account of Controllable Factors and Uncontrollable Factors.
2/3rd of gains on account of Controllable Factors will be passed on to customers as rebate in Tariff and balance shall be retained by the Generating Company or Licensee.
1/3rd of loss on account of Controllable Factors will be passed on to customers as additional charge in Tariff and balance shall be absorbed by the Generating Company or Licensee.
Gains on account of Uncontrollable factors will be passed on to the customers entirely.
Ans: Controllable Factors:
Operation & Maintenance expenses, Technical and commercial losses, Interest and Finance charges, Performance parameters.
Sales, Power Purchase Cost, Change in Law, Force Majeure events.
(i) Adani Electricity,
(ii) Tata Power Company Limited (TPCL)
(iii) Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST) and
(iv) Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL).
Consumers can contact our 24 x 7 Power Helpline 1800 200 3030 and inform. Please inform your Customer Account No. and Contact no. while informing it and do not forget to obtain complaint registration no. from the official attending to you on your call.
Adani Electricity has adopted the most advanced technology to improve the efficiency of its well laid distribution network and enhance the quality and reliability of power supply to end consumers.
Similarly, Company has introduced a basket of numerous service levels, which are also advanced technology based, to save most precious time and money of consumers.
a. Electronic Clearing Services (ECS).
b. Voluntary Deposits Schemes (VDS).
c. Sky Pack Drop Boxes facilities available on almost all Railway Stations.
d. Drop boxes facilities at Adani Electricity.
e. Drop boxes facilities available at various societies, provided on customers' requests.
f. Drop boxes facilities available at various Banks' ATM Centres.
g. Online payment facilities.
h. Payments through Adani Electricity website.
i. Payments through SMS.
This has been proved during the third party investigation undertaken by an expert agency, viz. IDEMI, duly appointed by the MERC for testing Adani Electricity meters.
No. They are not Employees of Adani Electricity. They are Licensed Electrical Contractors with License issued by Public Works Departments
Yes. The contact numbers and addresses of Adani Electricity registered LEC's are available at our CCC/ New Connection Department, as well as our website https://www.adanielectricity.com
The installation Test Report is submitted by the licensed Electrical Contractor (LEC) which certifies that the electrical installation work at the applicants premises has been carried out by the Licensed Electrical Contractors in full conformity with the Indian Electricity Rules,1956 and the conditions of Supply. Yes, it is mandatory to submit the Installation test report as per the Indian Electricity Rules, 1956.
MERC stands for Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission. It was established to promote competition, efficiency and economy in power sector. And to regulate tariffs of power generation, transmission and distribution, and to protect the interest of the consumers. You may please refer website www.mercindia.org.in for further details. You may also visit Adani Electricity Webpage for Relevant regulations and policies by visiting following page https://www.adanielectricity.com/web/mumbaividyut/regulatory
You can apply for refund of credit balance in your VDS account to EDL.
- Meter provided by the EDL
- Meter to be provided by the NDL
- Purchase your own meter
Before making change over application, latest generated bill of EDL needs to be paid, and a copy of the same needs to be submitted along with the application to the NDL. Additionally, on the day of changeover your meter reading will be taken jointly by EDL & NDL. You can remain present if you desire so. This meter reading shall be the final meter reading of the EDL and opening meter reading of the NDL, irrespective of the choice of the meter. A final bill will be raise by EDL based on this final meter reading. This payment has to be made to EDL.
High end consumers based on their paying capacity can afford to pay more for the high power usage; whereas, the low end consumers, in line with their low paying capacity can not afford to pay even the cost of supply.
- Process adopted for sourcing from external sources/traders is transparent.
- Rate of purchase from external sources comparable favorably with the published purchase prices by Market Monitoring Cell of CERC.
- Lower allocation from TPC-G (500 MW) resulted in excess drawal by Adani Electricity from imbalance pool at higher cost.
- Adani Electricity-D was obligated to buy its entire requirement from TPC-G. The same was dropped from TPC's License with the issue of Specific License Conditions in August 2008. TPC was in dominance by thwarting Adani Electricity generation plans and retracted from agreed position to enter into PPA of 500 MW with post SC judgment in its favor.
2. The investments made commensurate with load growth and with the requirement to maintain system reliability and reduce losses.
3. Increase in capital expenditure attributable to increase in road re-instatement charges and material/equipment cost, the facts highlighted to MERC by Adani Electricity in its various tariff petitions.
2. Even in the case where orders are placed or contracts awarded on companies associated with Adani Electricity group, normal procedure of inviting bids, negotiations etc are carried out and orders placed/ contract awarded if they are competitive.
2. Proper allocation is made between direct expenses and common expenses.
3. Physical verification of vouchers has been carried out and they do not indicate any discrepancy with Books of Accounts.
4. Expenses directly related to Regulated business are verified with supporting documents and are found to be correct.
We are there for you 24 hours, 365 days a year. Just choose any of the option for any kind of assistance you seek from us.
- Place a call to our 24 X 7 toll free call center at 1800 200 3030 and get answered by our customer service representative. within 2 minutes.
- Write to us at email@example.com. We promise to reply within the next 48 hours.
- Visit your nearest Customer Care Centre and we shall attend you maximum within 20 minutes.