Adani Dahanu Thermal Power Station
Adani Dahanu Thermal Power Station
Adani - Dahanu Thermal Power Station (ADTPS), consisting two units of 250 MW, is one of the best power generation plants in the country, which commenced its commercial operations in January 1996. Recognized with innumerable awards, this power plant is known for its distinctive features that set it apart from others in terms of technological innovation, superior performance and continuous sustainability for a longer period. ADTPS is located around 120 km north of Mumbai along Mumbai-Ahmedabad rail line.
The plants utilise a mix of Indian washed coal and imported coal as fuel. The general blending ratio is 80 : 20. The indigenous fuel is received from SECL (Korba) and also imported from various countries such as Indonesia and South Africa among others.
Adani - Dahanu Thermal Power Station has implemented integrated management systems (IMS) in its processes and is certified for quality management, environment management, occupational health and safety assessment studies, social accountability management, information security management, energy management and accreditation for ADTPS coal testing laboratory.
- The first power station in the country with two units of 250 MW.
- Commercial operation started in January 1996.
- Employs a blend of washed coal and imported coal as its source of fuel.
Here's an insight into the year-on-year performance of the plant:
|ADTPS Plant Performance|
|Parameters||UoM||FY 15-16*||FY 16-17*||FY 17-18*||FY 18-19*||FY 19-20*|
Note* Due to low load demand, MSLDC instructs generation backing down of power plants based on Merit Order Dispatch(MOD)ranking
ADTPS has received Copyright for three innovative works from Copyright Office of Government of India, New Delhi.
- Reduction in Overhauling Time - Implementation of Work procedure has ensured considerable reduction in overhauling period to 15 days. Thereby saving of Generation revenue equivalent to at least 10 to 15 days.
- Energy Deviation Report - An effective tool for energy consumption monitoring and optimization. This helps operation personnel to utilize energy efficient equipments to cater economical generation.
- Improvement of Coal Mill Performance by Auto Operation - Software developed by ADTPS team by studying the correlation between air and coal flow .This logic has helped to avoid undue variation in load and other process parameters even during very heavy rain.
- Unit no. 1 was synchronized on 6th January 1995
- Unit No. 2 was synchronized on 29th March 1995
- Unit no. 1 commercial operation from 1st July 1995
- Unit No. 2 commercial operation from 1st January 1996
- The power station commercially commenced its operation in 1996
- FGD Unit I and II commissioned in October 2007
- World's First Power Plant to get ISO 50001: 2018, certification for Energy Management
- ISO 9001: 2015 - Quality Management System
- ISO 14001: 2015 - Environment Management System
- ISO 45001: 2018 - Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Studies
- SA 8000: 2014 - Social Accountability Management System
- ISO 27001: 2013 - Information Security Management System
- ISO 55000: 2014 – Asset Management System
- ISO 22301: 2012 Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 27031 :2011 ICT: Information & communication technology readiness for business continuity
- ISO 26000:2010 SR: Social Responsibility assessment & compliance.
- ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 - Accreditation for ADTPS coal testing laboratory by National Accreditation Board of Laboratory (NABL)
Many features distinguish the Dahanu plant as India's one of the finest power generation plants. These include :
- The CW Systems are equipped with concrete volute pumps to facilitate the smooth functioning of Sea water condenser cooling system.
- Complete automatic control & monitoring of the three cylinders reheat condensing turbine, boiler and auxiliaries by Digital Distributed Control, Monitoring and Information System (DDC-MIS) to maintain trouble free output.
- Highly advanced Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for complete centralized control over transmission and distribution.
In a bid to ensure minimization of plant's adverse environmental impact, the ADTPS has installed:
- A chimney of 275.3 mtrs height for proper emission/ dispersion of boiler exhaust
- An Electronic Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) of 99.9% efficiency to collect fly ash with In-house developed Ammonia dosing system to improve collection efficiency.
- Four ambient air quality monitoring stations to measure hazardous gases such as PM10, PM2.5, SO2 and NOx
- Flue gas Desulphurization unit of 100% capacity having efficiency greater than 90%, for removal of Sulphur and its oxides.
- Advanced air pollution monitoring system.
ADTPS has made remarkable achievements on parameters of average unit heat rate, Auxiliary power consumption (APC), Specific Oil Consumption & DM water consumption by consistently maintaining them lower than the national average for a generation unit of this size.
ADTPS has proactively adopted following energy conservation measures...
- Replacement of old HP module with refurbished module which has improved efficiency
- Installation of Variable Frequency Drive in Condensate Extraction Pumps, Coal Mill Seal Air Fans, PA Fan.
- Vapour Absorption Air Conditioning systems.
- Energy Efficient lighting systems.
- Solar street lighting.
- Corrocoating of CW Pumps & ACW Pumps.
- Replacement of old IP module with new module which has improved efficiency
The Energy Management Cell at ADTPS consists of qualified Energy Managers and Auditors, who continuously drive the energy conservation agenda with defined energy policy, procedures and work instructions. Internal and external energy audits of various systems carried out at regular interval.
The organization's social responsibility towards the environment is evident in the adaptation of clean technology and stringently following the environmental safety guards :
To prevent Air Pollution
- ESP of 99.9% efficiency for collection of fly ash from flue gases.
- Online monitoring of emission levels of SO2, NOx, and TPM in Flue gas.
- Four Ambient air quality monitoring Stations to measure PM10, PM2.5, SO2 and NOx.
- Along with one meteorological station for weather monitoring.
- Ban on use of plastic bags inside the plant and colony. Cloth bags are provided at the colony gate
- Appointment of stewards for building to maintain cleanliness of their buildings and surrounding area and cleaning schedule for housekeeping of colony and plant surrounding area is being followed rigorously.
- Renovation of Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) was undertaken this year.
- Environment management and awareness programmes taken for various school and college students.
- In house production of organic fertilizer is used for cultivation of vegetable and fruits
- Plantation of varieties of flowers - 600 Nos with 6 varieties, Medicinal and Herbal garden having 45 species,
- Ash utilization is more than 100 percent.
- Four ash ponds for disposal of ash slurry.
- Dry Fly Ash collection System for maximising ash utilization as per MOEF notifications.
- Arranged visits for local ash brick and tiles manufacturer plants and organized a seminar on Pond Ash utilization
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Entrepreneurship program - Tailoring classes ongoing for rural ladies in Dahanu Taluka. Earlier, automobile training given to local youth
- Integrated Tribal Development Projects
- Educational kit distribution for school students
- Distribution of notebooks at concessional rates
- Best Teacher's Awards - Awarding 5 best teacher's in Dahanu Taluka every year during Teacher's day
- Under Rain water harvesting, the bore wells are recharged through rain water
|FORM-V Environmental Audit Report FY 2019-20|
|Environment Monitoring Reports for July 2020 - December 2020|
|Environment Monitoring Reports for January 2020 - June 2020|